My Husband and I will have been by 13thDecember, married for 7years and I was thinking of a special way to celebrate this wonderful day, so I was going through the internet for nice ideas for our wedding anniversary and came up with stuff I felt like sharing.
Celebration Ideas For Just the 2 of you.
· Romantic Anniversary Picnic: Just the 2 of you in a special place, a private beach, a resort eg. La Campaigne Tropicana, Whispering Palms etc.
· Breakfast in Bed: Surprise your spouse with breakfast in bed, his/her favourite meal with something I call an appetizer gift.(could be anything including a kiss in a way you have never given before).
· Dinner and Movie: Have dinner at a place both of you will enjoy and then go watch a romantic movie, hey if war movies brings out the romance in both of you, watch it too. The bottom line is that both of you enjoyed each other.
· The Getaway: You could send the kids to your parents or relations for the weekend and you two can have a getaway. Believe me when I say it, there are getaways spots that can work with a tight budget as well.
For Him: Gifts for your man can be easy as a pie. Here are some examples of what you can give him which he will appreciate. Think about him when you are buying or making the gift, his personality, his job, hobbies and special interests, what he truly enjoys, could be food, wine, or any kind of indulgence.
· Personalized Gifts
1. On Clothing: A love message, a sexy message or a fun saying the two of share. Or his favourite soccer team jersey.
2. Classic Gifts personalized with his initials eg, Ring, Wristwatch or bracelet. Or a time stand.
3. Custom Award: Give him a 'Best Husband in the World' award.
· Hobbies and Interest Gifts
1. Buy him something from his favourite soccer team website's online shop. They have a wide range of clothing and accessories.
2. Personalized Golf gift, apparel and accessories
3. Automobile accessories for the automobile buff
4. An original CD and (or) DVD collection of his favourite music, you can get them in stores like NuMetro. If he likes Country music or R&B or Jazz.
5. Something for his pet. Some men are very close to their pets and hey you cannot fault them, so buy something for his pet, it will warm his heart.
· Fun and Unique Gifts
3. Buy yourself that Lingerie hes been wanting you to get. I know its not really for him, but he will enjoy seeing it on you.
4. Funny T-Shirts
· For your Corporate Guy
1. Quality Desk and Office Accessories, he will proudly display it on his desk for his colleagues and clients.
2. Leather and Travel Cases: If he is a globetrotter.
3. Designer Ties
4. Personalized Stationery
· For the Indulgent Guy
1. Luxury Chocolate; French or Belgian, if your man likes chocolate and he appreciates the fine things of life, he will love this.
2. Wine Gift packs
3. Assorted Candy
4. Assorted Nuts
You can give either of there gifts or combine two or three, depending on your man's personality.
For Her: Guys, from a woman, one word of advice. The Wedding anniversary gift is very important, more important than Valentine gifts. It must come from the heart, not something you pick up in a rush or at the nearby shop. It should be planned, thought out and on point. Planning for it however, does not have to be complicated, it should express your love for her, appreciation for her.
Women are easy to please with the right gifts. Buying an anniversary gift may seem like a no-brainier, but quality and thoughtfulness should be the standard when choosing a gift for her. Here are a few ideas as to what to give.
· A Getaway: That romantic getaway could just be it. If you plan well, even if you are on a budget it can happen. Especially if she has been indicating interest in a weekend away to somewhere like Ghana or Gambia, make it happen and surprise her, it not only shows your love, it shows you have been listening to her and are thinking about her. If you cannot go out of town, check into a nive hotel, make sure it has a jacuzzi or big bath where you can both spend time in the bath before heading to bed, order room service, watch her favourite channel with her, even if its for 30minutes.
· Jewelery: Know what your wife likes, does she like Gold, white Gold, yellow gold, platinum or silver, hey if you can afford it, why not, buy it for her. Some men think Gold is so expensive, the smallest gold is of high quality and she will appreciate it. Some women however react to Gold or do not like it at all but prefer costume jewelery, get her something outstanding and exotic.
· A day at the Spa and you taking care of the kids(if there are kids). If your wife has been busy at work and home without time to rest, give her the day off and pay for her to be at the spa for a massage, facials, manicure, pedicure and hair, then take her to dinner at a restaurant.
· Lingerie; A sexy number in racy colors like Red and Purple will also warm her heart. Buy her something you will love to see her wear. If you have doubts whether she will like it, use it to test the waters, make it a secondary gift to any other gift like jewelery or the day at the spa. If she is okay with it, then you know its a safe gift to give her. First thing though, you need to know her exact size, so you don't purchase the wrong size.
· Sleepwear: A nice lacy number for sleepwear is good too, you can also buy an elegant and matured sleepwear if your wife is not the adventurous type. The important thing is that the gift is loved. You can swing with the sleepwear, a bathrobe and bath essentials.
· Kitchen Appliances: Could be a new microwave, a blender, a new cooking set, a deep fryer, a Fridge or freezer. Should be something she really needs for the kitchen
· Add to any of these gifts a beautiful card. You can even write a note in it, telling her how you feel, it may not be something log, could be a one liner, just an extra personalized message.
· The best gift of all may just be your Time. If you have been very busy and have not had time with your wife and she maybe have been complaining, your best gift to her is giving her your time for the whole day. She may not want anything else infact.
If you have children, involve the children in the celebrations, you can also take them for the getaways, dinners. It will give a good message about the love between both of you. However, its not a crime to make alternative arrangement for them with your parents or relations for just that period. After all, you both were before they were. They also need to know that Mummy and Daddy need time alone. Best of Luck.
If you need help in organizing that special anniversary, surprise party or need advise on gift ideas, we will be happy to work with you. AntsHill Concierge lets you live your life to the fullest while we do your runs.